MASALA VADAI



My mother’s Masala vadai are simply delicious. They are very easy to make and do not consume much time. They are a perfect snack on a cold rainy day.

Ingredients

1 cup Bengal gram dal (washed and soaked in water for at least 8 hours)

½ tbsp garlic paste

½ tbsp ginger paste

1 tsp fennel seeds

1 tsp cumin seeds

1 tsp red chilli powder

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp asafoetida

Coriander leaves

Method

Grind the Bengal gram dal into a fine paste, add all the other ingredients and mix well. Then heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat, take medium sized balls of the mixture and drop in the oil. Cook till they are golden brown in colour. Remove on a tissue paper and serve hot with tomato sauce. This recipe makes about 12 masala vadais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this blog...
I hope you have found my posts useful. I would be delighted if you could take time and share my posts on your social media channels and like my pages on Facebook and Google plus.
Do send in your comments... And keep visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...