BASIC TYPES OF KAMEEZ / KURTA

Depending on the design and cut, there are different types of kameez. I am giving below some of the basic types.


      This is the basic type of kameez which is worn both long and short with normal salwars, churidhars and patiyalas. It goes well with almost every type of salwar. It has slits on both the sides.

                             

      As the name suggests it has cut which resembles the letter A. This type of kameez is usually worn long with salwar or churidhar.

                               

      This is the most stylish type of kameez, which is worn with churidhars. It has gatherings (frills) at the waist or slightly above the waist.

                                     


      This type of kameez is cut in such a way such that it is fitting at the top and has volume much higher than an A line kameez at the bottom. It is also usually worn with churidhars.

                                    

      In this type of kameez, either there is a full front opening with hooks or buttons or a fake opening in which there is an opening only for about 5" or 6" and the rest is stitched. It usually has a slit at the front. This type of kameez is often worn with parallel pants. But it also goes well with churidhars, salwars and patiyalas. Kameez with collars too are stitched with a front opening.


                                          



Refer Other kameez patterns for more kameez designs and patterns.













10 comments:

  1. Salam Amina.Your classification of kameez types was very useful for me as i am russian and cant know such things as which type of shalwar goes with which type of kameez. in general i find it very comfortable cloth to wear here in the city -both covers body well and gives freedom of movement. My question is if armhole depth 1/6 chest+1" is too small for me for our humid climat and i want looser one how i can change draft with maximal possible armhole depth? What change should i make at sleeve draft? Thanks
    Nafisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Nafisa... thanks for your comment... I have never tried this but i think if you take the 0 to 2 measurement as 1/6chest+2" and 2 to 3 measurement as 1/4chest+2" you can get a looser arm hole...you can also refer this link for further details... http://aminacreations.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-stitch-topkurti.html
    For the sleeves, take 2to3 measurement as 1/6chest+2" and 0to2 measurement as 1/12 chest+1"... Please do inform if it came out well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very useful.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving this information. I will start to stitch my first Kurti today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salaam, Your site is exactly what I have been searching for! Thank-you so much for sharing your knowledge! I have just ordered some beautiful unstiched dresses from Pakistan but don't entirely know what to do (now I have some direction!) Could you tell how to sew a Kameeze with a chinese neckline? I know it can't be too difficult but some instruction would make me more confident. I can't wait to try some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salaam... Thanks for your comments... You can visit the following link for details on chinese collars... http://aminacreations.blogspot.in/2012/05/how-to-stitch-kameez-with-collar.html

      Delete
  6. Hi Amina,
    Great site! very nice content!.
    Can you tell me how you create the pictures of the kameez? Which application on the PC is best to create such pictures of the garment? Would be useful for me to create my own and modify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use Microsoft paint to draw patterns and drafts... To edit pics you can use Picasa photo viewer or Microsoft office picture manager...

      Delete
  7. Hi Amina,
    I liked your way of describing things very much.
    And I am soon tryign to stitch kurti.
    I am eager to learn how to stitch different types of saree blouses. I would be grateful to you, if you can describe that also..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment... Will post tutorials on saree blouses soon... :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting this blog...
I hope you have found my posts useful. I would be delighted if you could take time and share my posts on your social media channels and like my pages on Facebook and Google plus.
Do send in your comments... And keep visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...