CHILLI GOBI/ SPICY CAULIFLOWER GRAVY




I had been thinking of making Chilli Gobi for quite some time. Recently I tried making the gravy after checking out some recipes from my mom's cookery books. I made small changes to the recipe to suit our taste. The gravy turned out delicious. The gravy can be served with fried rice, noodles or even with roti and naan.

Ingredients

1 cauliflower cut into florets
Oil for frying

For the marinade
4 to 5 tbsp maida
3 tbsp corn flour
½ tsp Garlic paste
½ tsp ginger paste
1 tsp soya sauce
2 tsp tomato sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce or red chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/3 tsp salt

For the gravy
2 tbsp oil
2 medium sized onions sliced
2 to 3 tbsp chopped spring onions
½ a capsicum sliced
8 big pods of garlic chopped finely
1” piece of ginger chopped finely
2 green chillies
1 ½ tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
½ tsp vinegar
1 tsp pepper powder
1/3 tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour dissolved in ¼ cup of water

Method

First heat water in a pan; when it starts boiling, add the cauliflower florets, switch off the gas and let it remain in hot water for 5 to 7 minutes. Then drain the water and take the florets in a bowl. Add all the ingredients of the marinade and mix well. It should completely cover the florets. If necessary add more all purpose flour, chilli or salt. Close a lid and set aside. You can allow it to marinate for 3 to 4 hours but this is optional. Then heat oil in a pan and deep fry the florets till golden brown in colour. Set aside. This is delicious and can be served as a starter too.

Now for preparing the gravy heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for some time. Then add chopped onions and spring onions, whole green chillies and capsicums and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add all the 3 sauces along with vinegar, pepper powder, salt and sugar. Mix all the ingredients well. Bring to a boil. Now add corn flour dissolved in water and mix. Cook till boils appear. Finally add the florets, stir well and cook in low flame for about 5 minutes. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.













27 comments:

  1. Mouthwatering gobi..
    Looking forward to your participation in the Ongoing Event- Christmas Delicacy(15Nov-31Dec 2011)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy recipe dear.....................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy - spicy and tangy!!Just the type of food I love to have when its raining outside and I'm cushioned up cozily watching my favorite movie:)I think I'll have this just as it is - can't even wait for the rice,roti or naan to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amina..Grt recipe..
    hey,I have an Award for you..plz check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx a lot for trying out my recipe dear!!!!will surely try ur version soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to have tis gobi with fried rice..looks yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super tempting chilly gobi,makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful recipe,makes me hungry..yum
    You have a wonderful blog..happy following you

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks delicious..love gobi like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...Awesome recipe...Make me drool here..

    Do visit my blog too
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. mouth watering chilli gobi...looks super Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks yummy and delicious. Love them anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi amina...never seen this dish before, they look interesting to try tho... have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  14. super delicious chilli gobi, tempting ones..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - that looks amazing! I LOVE cauliflower and the spices and flavors of this dish are stellar! Thanks - it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi amina thnks fr dropping by my blog, u have a great space here

    ReplyDelete
  17. The chilli gobhi looks mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cauliflower in any way, I am in!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting this blog...
I hope you have found my posts useful. I would be delighted if you could take time and share my posts on your social media channels and like my pages on Facebook and Google plus.
Do send in your comments... And keep visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...