During winters, the first thing that comes to our mind is hot, spicy and delicious food. And for such an occasion, a gravy made of chicken and peas and topped with fresh cream would be a perfect choice. Serve this delicious chicken gravy with naan, chapathis, noodles or any variety rice of your choice and enthrall your family.
300 gms chicken cut into pieces
1 cup shelled green peas (mutter/ matar)
½ cup fresh cream (malai)
2 tbsp oil
1 onion cut into cubes
1 ½ tbsp soya sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
Chopped coriander leaves
For the marinade
½ cup curd
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp chicken masala
- Take all the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl and mix to form a smooth paste.
- Add the chicken pieces to this and coat well with the marinade.
- Close a lid and set aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- After the stipulated time, heat oil in a pan and add the onions.
- Saute for a few seconds till the onions turn golden and add green peas.
- Stir for a few minutes till cooked.
- Next add the chicken along with the marinade and cook for 5 to 7 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Then add soya sauce, tomato sauce and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Reduce heat and close a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till the chicken is cooked.
- Dissolve corn flour in ½ cup of water and add this to the gravy. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- When the gravy starts thickening, top it with fresh cream and give a quick stir.
- Check for taste and add salt if necessary.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and a slice of lemon and serve hot.