This is a very simple and easy to cook stir fry recipe which goes well with both rice and chapathi. Carrots, potatoes and peas have been used in this recipe but you can also add cauliflowers, beans or any other vegetable of your choice.
1 large carrot cut into small cubes
½ cup shelled peas
2 potatoes skin peeled and cut into small cubes
1 onion finely chopped
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp salt
- Steam or boil the vegetables till cooked.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
- Add curry leaves and onions and stir fry till the onions turn golden.
- Now add red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Finally add the cooked carrots, potatoes and peas and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes till all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve hot