Badam hareera is a healthy and delicious drink made using milk and almonds. It is commonly prepared for iftars during the month of Ramadhan and served hot. You can also try this recipe if you wish for a break from the usual tea - coffee routine.
12 - 15 almonds/ badam
4 cups milk
1 tbsp urad dal
8 tsp sugar (or to taste)
¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Wash and soak urad dal and almonds in hot water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Peel and discard the skin of the almonds and grind along with 2 to 3 tbsp water to a fine paste.
- Boil milk in a pan, then reduce heat, add sugar, cardamom powder and the ground paste.
- Increase the heat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Transfer to cups or bowls and serve hot.
Linking this with the Cuponation sponsored giveaway at A homemaker's diary
and with Dish in 30 minutes: Soups and salads @ Saras kitchen