Chow mein or stir fried noodles is a popular Chinese delicacy around the world. Here noodles are cooked with a variety of vegetables or chicken and a few sauces. We have used Chow mein masala to add a nice flavour and taste to the Chow mein. The dish is easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
1 packet Hakka noodles (200 gms)
1 packet chow mein masala (12 gm)
3 tbsp oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 cup sliced capsicums (red, yellow, green)
1 carrot julienned
½ cup peas
1/2 tsp garlic finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
2 tsp tomato sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions in the packet, drain the excess water and keep ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the finely chopped garlic and ginger and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add onions and cook till they turn golden.
- Now add carrots and peas and cook till done. Then add capsicums and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Next add in the sauces, pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Once done, add the cooked noodles and stir fry for about a minute.
- Now add the chow mein masala and a few drops of water. Mix well and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.