Today i am sharing yet another recipe from my mother. Chicken in Spinach sauce is a delicious and flavourful gravy made using just a few ingredients. Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin A, folic acid, iron and calcium and hence this dish is healthy as well. You can serve this with Naan, Parathas or Pulao.
1 bunch spinach leaves
300 gms chicken cut into pieces
1 large onion roughly chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
½ cup coriander leaves
1 tbsp pepper powder
½ tsp salt
5 to 6 tbsp oil
- Grind the onions and coriander leaves to a paste and keep ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and saute a quarter of the spinach leaves till they turn green and soft. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same way saute the remaining spinach leaves and transfer to a plate and allow them to cool.
- Grind the spinach leaves to a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the same pan and saute the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep ready.
- To the same pan, add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the onion- coriander leaves paste and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next add pepper powder, salt and the sautéed chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add the spinach paste to this, mix well and add ½ or 1 cup of water and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Then reduce heat, close a lid and cook for about 10 minutes or till the chicken is tender.