RESTAURANT STYLE TOMATO CHUTNEY





We sometimes feel that the chutney we make at home is not as tasty as the one we get in restaurants. So I am sharing my mother's tomato chutney recipe here which tastes just like the one we get in restaurants without any compromise on our health.

Ingredients

3 tomatoes deseeded and chopped
1 onion chopped
1 dry red chilli
1 inch ginger chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
5 curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt

Method
  • Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow them to sputter.
  • Add onions, curry leaves, ginger and dry red chillies and sauté till the onions turn golden.
  • Then add chopped tomatoes and salt and cook till they turn soft and oil starts separating.
  • Allow it to cool down and grind to a paste.
  • Serve with idli, dosa, upma or pongal.

For more chutney recipes, you can check out this page
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this blog...
I hope you have found my posts useful. I would be delighted if you could take time and share my posts on your social media channels and like my pages on Facebook and Google plus.
Do send in your comments... And keep visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...